Guidance for Authors
- Manuscripts should be in 12-point Times Roman with 1 inch margins.
- Articles begin with an abstract (250 word maximum)
- Include a cover sheet that includes the a) title, b) full addresses of all authors, c) email of one author for correspondence
- If you have acknowledgements (including funding), please include them on the cover page.
The article title should be centred in title case
Highest level heading: bold and left-side aligned in lower case on its own line
Second level: not bold and left-side aligned in lower case. on its own line
Third level: italic, not bold left- side aligned flush with next line of text
e.g. Children. Some of the children …
General formatting guidelines
- Use endnotes (sparingly), not footnotes.
- Please place a running head in the upper right hand corner
- Please use page numbers in the upper right hand corner along with the running head.
- Please double space everything including references and indented quotations. [Note that indented quotations should not have quotation marks.]
- Please define any terms that are not obvious.
- Your “References” section should begin on a new page. References should have “hanging indents” of the first line. Do not skip a line between references.
- You should use the Leeds University version of Harvard for citation and references. Guidance is here: